Aunt Ann’s Home Care has been helping people find work for a very long time. You might say we’re experts at it. We are always on the look out for new caregivers who will become part of our homecare team.
Q. What do I need to join the Aunt Ann’s Home Care Team?
A. You need…
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a professional in-home caregiver
- References that can be verified.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States with the ability to show documentation to complete I9 form.
- Ability to pass a Background Check with no Criminal Convictions that dis-allow you to work in the Home Care field.
- Additional requirements may be required for specific job assignments.
Q. What kind of home care jobs do you staff?
A. From 2-12 hour hourly shifts and 1-5 day live-in care, we staff respite, short and long term assignments that range from companionship for the frail to end of life care. We also staff escort services for medical appointments, out patient surgery, shopping, or social activities.
Our caregivers job duties could include any of the following:
- Grocery shopping / running errands
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping including laundry
- Bathing, hygiene, and dressing
- Toileting / incontinence care
- Critical reminders about medication
- Social activities / light exercise
- Mental exercises to stimulate brain activity
- Range of motion exercises tailored to specific needs
- Assistance with a wheelchair or walker
- Support for transfer / turning
- Help getting to and from medical and other appointments
Q. Will I have to worry about paying taxes?
A. NO… you’ll be hired as an employee of Aunt Ann’s Homecare. As an employee, your taxes are deducted from your check and deposited in your name to the IRS and EDD. You will have the benefit of Aunt Ann’s Homecare paying your social security and medicare tax for your retirement. Aunt Ann’s Home Care also covers your unemployment insurance.
Q. Do you refer independent contractors?
A. NO. All of Aunt Ann’s caregivers are employees of the company. (We do not represent independent contractors, also known as 1099 caregivers, and we do not assist you in getting a tax ID number.)
Q. How often will I be paid?
A. We issue payroll checks weekly every Friday for the previous week’s work. You can choose
to pick up your check at our office, have your check mailed, or we will Direct Deposit to your account.
Contact us at: San Francisco (415) 974-3530 or Peninsula 650 757-2000 or complete our online inquiry form and we will contact you about joining our home care team.